Home

I really didn't teach them this.

Today after church, we watched a completely "Sunday Appropriate", in my opinion, movie entitled "UP!" I knew once I curled up and buried myself in a compfy blanket that I wouldn't last long. I was right. I only saw the first 20 minutes. I awoke an hour later to the main menu music repeatedly playing over and over and over again... and to Caleb stomping down the stairs, obviously in a rush. I pretended to act like I cared, and asked him what they were doing up there.

He could hardly contain his excitement as he told me about a new game they invented. Disoriented from sleep, I struggled to grasp the complicated rules as he rattled them off in half finished sentences. Here are the high points: When you win a challenge you get to take the other person's money. When you lose, you have to give the other person your money. He then grabbed his bank full of "cash" and stomped back up the stairs.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that I put two and two together.

My sons are gambling on Sunday. Great. I curled up and slept for another 25 minutes, because afterall, they were playing nicely.

Comments

1 Response to "I really didn't teach them this."

Caroline said... May 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I turned off my blow dryer this morning to hear my kids (3&5) in the other room playing... "God". Yep. That's right. That game is apparently played by having one person stand on the couch and shout "I am God. Follow me" while the other people sit and look up at them. When I said pick a Sunday activity this isn't what I had in mind...

Post a Comment

Popular Posts