This may look like an ordinary toddler bed to you... but don't be deceived... things aren't what they appear!
Join me on my journey of discovery:
1) Brooks figured out how to get out of his crib.
2) He actually learned how to dismantle the crib completely. So I took the crib apart immediately and put his mattress on the floor, as a temporary solution until I could think of something better. But the result was a complete eye sore and constant source of frustration when I had to put his "bed" back together every day.
3) I debated putting Brooks into the double bed which is already in his room, but the mattress was too thick to put a railing on the side, and it felt cruel to just let him fend for himself in there.
4) I thought about moving Josh into the big bed, giving him a room of his own... but that would mean that Brooks and Caleb would then share a room... and I'm NOT ready for that dynamic. Not to mention giving Josh the satisfaction of winning me over to a room of his own. I just don't think it's fair for him at a young age of 9 years old, for him to have a secret, private place of his very own, when I have NEVER, in the history of my 32 years have had a bedroom to myself. But I digress, yet again.
5) So I went on a search for a toddler bed... but I wasn't willing to spend $50 or more to get one (I know, I'm cheap!). So I abandoned the issue, and thought I would have to just deal with the annoyance of him sleeping on the floor.
But then one day, it just came to me like a light bulb switching on... like a ray of sunshine from the heavens... like a gust of wind sweeping into mind... (okay, I'll stop with the metaphors)...
This was my epiphany!
Using my #10 cans of food storage as a base for the bed...
Then using the crib board laid on top of the cans... for a make-shift "boxspring". Then I pinned the crib skirt to fit around and cover up the cans.
And TAH-DAH! It's a win-win! I didn't have to spend a dime or change the sleeping arrangments... and I have a place to hid my food storage!... and now Brooks has a cute little bed of his very own... and he LOVES IT!!!
~easy DIY marbleized clay ornaments~
1 day ago