Home

Take the Test... win a prize!

Last week I got hired for a freelance photography job that needed photos of children doing different things to accompany about 100 different action words or phrases. This seemed like an easy thing to do... just take pictures of my kids, right? Well, they have very detailed descriptions and requirements about the facial expressions and body positioning, not to mention having a clean and clear background, good lighting, etc.

So I've been working on this project on and off again for about a week... and the past two days have been horrible! Trying to capture feelings of sadness, fear and boredom are not as easy as you might think. As soon as I snap a picture, the kids think they are done and run away. Little do they know that the lighting wasn't just right, so I have to readjust my camera and do it again. Then there's the issue of getting them to be serious and not laugh... to smile pleasantly, but not look creepy... and to just hold still! And how in the world do you communicate the word "taste" in a still photo? Really!

By the time I get paid for this, I'm going to breathe a huge sigh of relief... and think twice about involving my children in work. I've resorted to paying them with candy every time I finish the shot. The end result? They've had more sugar in 2 days then I even care to keep track of! (Maybe that's why they can't hold still!)

Yes, we've been spending a lot of time together... but in this case, quantity is NOT quality time. I've been barking... and they've been whining!

Right now they are out on their "break" enjoying the 65 degree weather... and I'm going to go take a shower! Hopefully we'll all still have our hair by the end of the day!

TAKE THE TEST: Guess the word which best describes each photo, (it could be an adjective, emotion or verb). Leave your answers in the "Comments", and be sure to check back on September 7th to get the results. The person with the most correct answers will win a $15 gift card to Walmart! It's THAT easy! GOOD LUCK!
A) ...emotion...
B)...emotion...
C)... adjective...
D)... verb...
E)... verb...
F)... verb...

Comments

6 Responses to "Take the Test... win a prize!"

Sean Toler said... September 1, 2009 at 12:58 PM

A. Laughter
B. Remorse
C. Joy
D. Gluttony
E. Taste
F. Interest

Sean Toler said... September 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM

OK, then please allow me to change my answers! :)

A. Satisfied
B. Remorse
C. Happy
D. T be gluttonous
E. To Taste
F. To Count

Bezzie said... September 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM

A. Sated
B. Sadness
C. Refreshed
D. To be ravenous
E. To dislike
F. To command

Shannon said... September 1, 2009 at 9:04 PM

A.content
B.sad
C.silly
D.chewing
E.tasting
F.counting

Joan said... September 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Joan said:

A. Ahhhh - I ate like a big dog
B. Wanting - Can I please have a puppy?
C. Cooled Off - Squirt me again!!
D. Chewing and chewing - I think I got too much at once.
E. Refreshing - on a hot summer day.
F. Counting - One, two, three...Mom, this one did a tootie. :)

Anonymous said... September 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM

JoLene said.....

A. Happy
B. Sad
C. Adorable
D. Pigging Out
E. Tasting
F. Counting

Post a Comment

Popular Posts