Home

how can I blame him?


This is Mike in Alaska befriending a dragon fly. The kids and him named him "Steve".


Yesterday I was making something that called for jalapenos. I've had a jar of them for a while and use them every now and then... now I'm wondering if jalapenos go bad... hmmmm. Anyway, I went through the fridge and they weren't there.

Rewind a few weeks. Mike was so sad and lonely while I was in Alaska (I tell myself this) and so anxious to have me come home from my month long stay, that he cleaned the whole house from top to bottom. This was including, but not limited to, cleaning out the fridge. This needed to be done. And it was so nice to come home to a sparkling clean fridge where everything was in it's place. There was not a single tupperware container with some questionable, unknown substance... no moldy broccoli (you know that stuff is deadly) ... and no soggy, liquified cucumbers!

But since I've been back, I've noticed a couple things that are missing... of course, the jalapenos... and also my seasoned rice vinegar. To a normal, every-day male, these items might appear to be useless. I'm sure he thought that I never used them. But these kinds of condiments are things that you don't really notice being there, but you miss them when they're gone.

So I'm torn... do I bring it up and tell him never to throw things out unless he gets permission and risk that he will never do such a, dare I say, romantic act of service again? Or, should I just accept that my jalapenos and rice vinegar were simply collateral damage in the operation of "Husband-pleases-wife", and bite the bullet and just buy another bottle of rice vinegar?

I think I'll hold my tongue.

Comments

1 Response to "how can I blame him?"

Jenina said... August 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I know exactly what you mean! I would for sure bite your toung and fill him with compliments! The hopes of him choosing to clean for you again far outweigh the comments that won't replace the item! I've been biting my toung a lot lately as my children show up at the hospital dressed in mismatched clothes with their hair undone, after just eating takeout again for dinner. Ya gotta love the guys for trying, right?

Post a Comment

Popular Posts