Home

it could have been so much worse...

Brooks didn't take a nap today. He sat up in his bed for 2 hours. He talked. He played. He banged on the wall. He was happy. But he eventually had enough, and started crying. After about 3 minutes, I knew that there was NO chance he would be falling asleep, so I went upstairs to release him.

He was standing up in his crib crying. He was bottomless. In his hands, he clutched an open diaper filled with poop!

If I didn't know any better, I think he had pooped as soon as I laid him down and he couldn't take it anymore, and decided to change his own diaper. Unsure of how to dispose of it, he just held it there on the other side of the railing as if he was trying to get it as far away from him as possible... but was completely aware that it could fall onto the floor, so he just held onto it.

No poop was to be found on any surface. Seriously, this kid is way beyond his years!

Comments

1 Response to "it could have been so much worse..."

Kaye said... October 30, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Good lord, this is Nikolas!!! Except he (thankfully) hasn't figured out how to pull the diaper off. Set him down for an afternoon nap and same deal, talks to himself, plays around, and then after about 45 mins crying. I'll walk in, the smell will hit me, and I'll find him grabbing his butt b/c he's pooped!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts