Home

gave myself a headache

Yesterday afternoon, I decided that I was going to "play legos" with the boys. What started out as a fun, creative afternoon, turned into me squinting and scrutinizing over thousands of lego pieces in search of every piece in a Fire Station lego set.

See, I've realized that they don't really get to play with their creations because they fall apart so easily, and end up in the "lego graveyard" (aka 3 giant plastic drawers) never to be seen again. So I took the advice of a friend and started the painful process of super-gluing a few favorites.

Eventually the boys lost interest... and the only remaining lego die-hard was yours truly. At one point I had to pee, but I was afraid I'd lose my focus, so I pushed on. I started getting hungry, but I perservered, until the boys brought me some granola bar scraps. I even ignored the taunting by my husband to give up.

It's now Monday afternoon, and I'm considering getting a good start on the hunt so they can build it when they get home. See, I'm a good mom... I simply hunt for the tiny pieces, so they can put it together. Although, for the record, it's killing me to wait... something about the need to finish a job.

But hey, our 12th anniversary is coming up... maybe I'll ask for a lego set!

This is how I would like to organize the legos... but the boys won't have it!

Comments

1 Response to "gave myself a headache"

Susan Fiscus said... September 26, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Been there done and tried that...hahaha...remember one of Pres. Uchtdorf's 5 forget-me-nots was "Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice" and this he example he gave that made me laugh...because its going to happen in a ward some where in UT...I just know it...only it will be stitching forget-me-nots.... "“Dedicating some of our time to studying the scriptures or preparing to teach a lesson is a good sacrifice. Spending many hours stitching the title of the lesson into homemade potholders for each member of your class may not be.”
Take it from one who tried it...this is not a good sacrifice...although a diet of just "granola bar scraps" may make you a little trimmer...but for heaven's sake please void when necessary. A kidney stone would be a worse sacrifice than embroidering pot holders!! hahaha...love you!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts